Town Hall . . . and other businesses (1912)

Town hall ca. 1912
Town hall ca. 1912

Eatonville was really starting to take off in 1912. Here is a list (per History of Southeastern Pierce County) of businesses that advertised in the Inter-Mountain Journal in December, 1912:

• Nelson-Benson real estate and insurance
• Hotel Snow
• T.C. Van Eaton, real estate
• Anderson and Wise, Mashell Bar and Cafe
• Sun’s Rays Bakery
• C. A. Nettleton, meat market
• G. B. Ingersoll
• Kipper’s Grocery
• Howard and Benston, private bankers (paying 4 percent on deposits)
• Columbia Cafe, Less Wadell, proprietor
• J. J. Cunns, selling men’s clothing and also proprietor of the Marshall Barber Shop
• Benston Merchantile Co.
• Lumbermans Hospital and Dispensary, Dr. A. W. Bridge, M.D.
• C. H. Williams, dealer in gasoline lighting system
• A. Y. Lindsey Co., groceries and men’s furnishings
• R. Marti, Depot Hotel
• Joseph Hearn, jeweler
• R. Potter, plumber
• A. E. Dye, telephone service
• Dr. W. H. Marsh, dentist
• Fredricksen and Skewis, confectionery, tobaccos and billiard
• E. A. Williams, confectionery

Photo courtesy of Pat Van Eaton.

Click on image to enlarge.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *