This ad came out in a November 1945 issue of the Dispatch.
Barney’s was located on corner of Highway 161 and the Eatonville Cutoff Rd., and has for decades been called Barney’s Corner. The restaurant is no longer there, but the name lives on. Sitting in it’s place is Barney’s Corner Mini Mart.
1945 a Big Year for the Malcoms
1945 was the same year that Barney’s dad, Olaf Malcom retired and sold his lockers, market and slaughter house to Roy M. Moore and Fred Martin. Olaf had run the meat market in town for 27 years.
Image courtesy of the Dispatch.
Click on images to enlarge.