Torger Peterson was one of the first pioneers of Ohop Valley and was instrumental in the building of the Canyon Road.
Here’s a shot of his farm in Ohop Valley. The farm house has since burned downed and the site is now owned by the Nisqually Land Trust, who are ironically trying to restore the valley back to what it looked like when Torger arrived.
Photo courtesy of Pat Van Eaton.
Click on image to enlarge.
One response to “Torger Peterson’s Farm (ca. 1920)”
[…] a couple from the Peterson family, taken at the Peterson farm in Ohop Valley. There are no house, barns and cows, as the land is now part of the Nisqually Land Trust. But in the the 40s and 50s, there […]