Here’s a postcard from Leo out of Kapowsin from the early 1900’s (based on the dress) and the age of the card.
The first post office in Kapowsin was called Kapousen, which was open from 1890 to 1899.
The City of Tacoma coveted Kapowsin Lake as a municipal water supply and acquired considerable land about it, thus forcing the mills to quit, which “murdered” the little town of Kapowsin. Enough was left to to sustain a fourth class post office. (Postmarked Washington Pierce County)
Image courtesy of Diane Mettler.
Click on image to enlarge.